2013 Skerries Triathlon date: 23rd of June
Skerries Triathlon distances
- Sprint Triathlon: 750m swim (North Beach start), 20km cycle (single loop), 5km run (single out and back).
- Olympic Triathlon: 1500m swim (RNLI slipway start), 40km cycle (two loops), 10km run (twice out and back on beach front).
- Half distance triathlon: 19oom swim (RNLI slipway start), 90km cycle (1 x 30km loop + 3x20km loop), 21km run. Full 1/2 distance course description here.
- The 2013 race briefing document from the Skerries Triathlon is here.
Skerries Triathlon costs
Skerries Triathlon course
Triathlon Swim course
The swim start and finish will be the same for the sprint, Olympic and half distance triathlons. The difference will be the numbe of buoys who swim around. Sprint competitors turn at the 1st bouy, Olympic competitors turn at the 2nd buoy, while half-distance triathletes turn at the 3rd buoy.
Triathlon Cycle course
The cycle is based around a 20km loop. Within 1km you will hit the BLACK HILLS which have been the highlight of the RAS’s final stage for the last three years. This course has always always been won and lost on the bike, Long may this tradition continue. Sprint competitors complete a single loop. Olympic competitors will do two loops of this 20km course. Half-distance competitors will do a single larger lap (along the old N1) before doing three of the 20km loops. The start and finish will be next to the lifeguards hut on the south beach.
Triathlon Run course
- Sprint – 1 lap – 5km
- Olympic – 1 large lap out to Loughshinney – 10km
- Half – 2 large laps out to Loughshinney – 21km (half turn is 250m beyond Olympic turn)
Run Course description:
All competitors will run 1km up past the swim start to the lifeguard shed. Then back past transition and on to their respective turnaround point, before retuning to transition.
Closed road: it’s great to have closed roads out to Loughshinney, but please do stay on the left lane. The right lane is for local access.
Run on the left. Overtake on the grass to the left, please do not overtake on the middle of the path.
The Water station is located close to transition.
Can I get a refund if I cannot attend?
An entry to DublinTri.com is non-transferable and non-refundable payment, exceptions to this rule are:
- If refund is requested within 7 days of purchase date, when it is not purchased within 7 days of the event
- If you are unable to compete for medical reasons we will refund you on receipt of a doctors cert
Note: we won’t issue refunds if is requested for whatever reason, in the last 7days before the event.
Can I transfer my entry?
All entries are non-transferable either to a different participant or to subsequent events in future years.